At times, because the stuff has been in the space for so long, the client isn’t aware of it anymore or how it’s affecting productivity. In this month’s blog post, you’ll see a list of the most common things to toss out of your office.
10 Things That Don’t Belong In Your Office or Workspace:
*Not in order of importance
1. Other people’s work or clutter – Hand it back to it’s rightful owner. You can do it!
2. More than 1-2 coffee mugs
3. Empty Vases – If you receive flowers at work, they’ll most likely come with a vase. If they don’t, I’m sure another co-worker has one in her office you could borrow! ;)
4. Numerous stuffed animals or pictures of friends and family5. A bunker-like stash of condiments (ketchup, taco/soy sauce, sugar, etc.)
6. Outdated, unused or broken electronics, IT equipment and chords- Return them to the IT Department or send them to an E-waste recycling facility.
7. Office supplies you don’t need or use - Put them back in the supply closet
8. Outdated books, magazines or periodicals that are not directly related to your position
9. Christmas decorations – Keep these somewhere else because they’re taking up valuable real estate and you only use them once a year
10. Anything that reminds you of something negative or of failure. If it doesn't feel inspirational, and instead brings you down (for example, memorabilia from a past project, job or boss you really disliked), then get it out of the space pronto!Cheers!